How do I use the package split tool?
If you have a package that holds multiple mapped domains or subdomains, you may wish to split the package up, and assign a new package to one of these domains/subdomains while retaining the files and the database.
How to split your hosting package:
We've created a tool to make this process simple and straightforward.
- Head to Manage Hosting under Reseller Management
- Locate the package you wish to split into multiple packages and hit Options > Split Package.
- You'll then get:
The document roots of the addon domains and subdomains will be listed alongside the domain they're attached to.
Select the document root of the domain you wish to split under Choose which document root you would like to split into another package. In the example above, we want the root of freshlysplitdomain.com so we'll select /document/root/example/
- Then, select the database name of the database you want to split with the package under Select which database(s) you would like to add to the split package. You can choose multiple databases if needed.
- Finally, hit Split Package.
- The system will process the above, and once done you'll get a notification that the package has split successfully.
- If you check Manage Hosting you'll see your newly split package all set and ready to go.